My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Thursday, September 26, 2024

Thoroughly Poetic Thursday #183

Poetic Thursday hosted by our pals Teddy and Angel Sammy 

 

Here is our challenge


This is true story about introducing new foods to my darling daughter. 

At about 8 months old, it was time to introduce new groups of veggies and fruits.
I was told to do it slowly to make sure she had no
allergies to them.
It was 1972, I had a very handy dandy
dish with divided sections to warm her food.  There was a pop up opening on the side (much like a valve for blowing up an innertube) to add hot water.  It warmed the food to room temperature in just a few minutes.  There was also a suction cup on the bottom to secure the dish to the high chair tray. 
So fast forward to the week I am introducing green veggies to her.
Next on the list was mushy green disgusting peas**. (Yes I tasted them).  She eagerly opened her mouth.  What happened next was really not a surprise** but more of a shock.
She made face just like the child in the photo.  Her hands were in the air, they came down with such force on the sides of the dish the suction cup came loose. The mushy green disgusting peas went on the walls, on me, some even made it to the ceiling. 
BUT NOT ONE DROP OF THEM GOT ON HER!!! 


**************************************

As a potentially dangerous hurricane, rain and wind event approaches friends and families
along the Gulf Coast and Southern US ... we pray for the safety and well being of all and
our furry families as well.
 

20 comments:

  1. Bwhaha. Well done darling daughter!
    Toodle-oo!
    Nobby.
    PS Gail and I hope you stay safe in the storm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow she was not hap-pea with the new meal... but you got a new wall decorating so it was nearly a win-win ;O))) we cross our fingers and paws for all in the storm area....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Cecilia,
    Spooky who for weeks is sleeping in the living room instead of on the bed, was crying. It was heavy raining and with thunders. So I got up and comforted him and sit now with my MacBook reading some blogs.
    Indeed, let's hope this tropical storm will pass without too much damage and problems for all the people in its path.
    Hugs,
    Mariette + Kitties

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sympathise with your daughter. I detest mushy green peas and how they can be traditionally eaten with fish and chips is beyond me! I hope everyone stays safe if affected by the hurricane.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hari Om
    Atta gal, drawing the line early in life! I add my prayers for those facing the weather... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL Well I guess that said it all. She did NOT want any mushy green peas. I can't say that I blame her. I hate peas.
    I remember those dishes too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a face in that photo and having tasted mushy green peas, I agree with your daughter! I think we may have had similar suction cup dishes! We pray for everyone's safety during this nasty hurricane♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet from that point on you knew that you would never paint your kitchen green.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's what usually happens. A mess on everyone but the one who made it. I'm so worried about my sister and her husband who live near Tampa. She said her house won't make it thru a Cat 4.

    ReplyDelete
  10. we had the same dish and the same mushy peas and neither of my sons would eat them. the difference now is the come in pouches and a few jars and what we paid 10 to 20 cents for cost 2.00 now.. I was shocked last year when I decided to get veggies I would try green veggies in baby food for my IBS symptoms. that is what I found, I bought one jar and could not eat it, tossed 2 dollars in the trash. love this story

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha! I probably spit them out too, when I was young. Well done! 😁

    Sending up prayers that All Beings stay safe, the hurricane sounds frightening. ❤️🙏

    ReplyDelete
  12. We guess she didn't like those peas very much. Too bad we weren't around to help clean up the floor for you. BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That was a fun story and I could sure see that happening LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, early on she knew what she liked and didn't like! Peas... I can take them or leave them. That was a very "handy dandy" dish!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome story ~ of your daughter's reaction to something she didn't like ~ and certainly fits the pic ~ thanks,

    Hugs to you and Angel Madi ~

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    clm ~ A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a wonderful story!!! I love it. As for the storm - it's a little bit unpredictable as most of them are - we are praying for EVERYONE that ALL of us stay safe from this storm......Big Hugs, Pam and Teddy

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is a funny story. Praying you stay safe. XO

    ReplyDelete
  18. BOL!! Smart girl! I sure hope Helena fizzles out...
    Hugs,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh yeah, we saw that coming. Uh, not literally, but like, in our mind's eyes! We would have cleaned that up for you, Miss Cecilia! XOX Lucy

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net