My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

GOOD, GOODER,GOODEST


GOOD NEWS
ONE YEAR AGO TODAY I WAS ASKED BY MAYOR EMERITUS FRANKIE (FURTER) TO STEP IN AS MAYOR.
I WAS HONORED TO NOT ONLY BE THE FIRST FEMALE
BUT ALSO THE FIRST FELINE MAYOR.
FRANKIE WAS AN EXCELLENT MAYOR.
I JUST KINDA SLIPPED INTO OFFICE.

Some how I managed not to get
IMPEACHED, TARRED AND FEATHERED
or KICKED TO THE CURB
so it looks like I will be able to serve my 2nd year
(at least I think I am unless there is a write
in candidate!!!)

****************************
HOWEVER, I RECEIVED THE BELOW EMAIL FROM
TOP COP SARGE 

Mayoress Madi:
 Anyway, I wanted to remind you that I'm giving up my Chief of Police job for the next election, so I thought you might want to think about asking for applicants to run for the position.   I'm sure that several will be interested such as 
Sidebite , MY CHIEF DEPUTY and Ranger his Deputy in Training
I'd be happy to still do something in the law enforcement area if you'd consider me for some other position.  I don't know what it might be, but I'm still ready to serve in some other fashion. 
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, Furiend
GOODER NEWS


Dearest Top Cop Sarge:
We accept your most gracious email to step down from the Top Cop position.  BUTT
are thrilled to learn you are still available to serve.  
Mom and I have tossed around a few new positions that we would like to create for Blogville: Police Commissioner (inspired by the TV program Blood Bloods) Tom Selleck.  Here is a description of the job.  We think you would be a purrfect Commissioner.

Police commissioner (or commissioner of police) is a senior rank in many police forces. The holder is usually an experienced police officer, though some are politically appointed and may or may not actually be a professional officer. In such a case, there is usually a professional chief of police in charge of day-to-day operations. In either event, the commissioner is the designated head of the organization.

GOODEST NEWS

Oh my goodness, Mayoress Madi, I would be so very honored to accept your offer to be your Police Commissioner!  I will use my recent years of Chief experience to do the bestest job possible for you and Blogville.   OMD/OMC this is wonderful!   Thanks for your continued confidence in me.     I am certain that you'll get a purrfect candidate to replace me as COP and get a nice new force for the PD.    I'm so excited!!!
Thanks again, and here's a hug and Sarge-slurp for you!  *:-* kiss
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, Furiend
***********************************************************************************************************

WE ARE PLEASED TO INTRODUCE BLOGVILLE'S
PAW ENFORCMENT DEPARTMENT

SIDEBITE
Top Cop
He promises to take a 
Bite out of crime



Deputy Top Cop
He promises no job is out of 
his Range(r) he is here to serve.


POLICE COMMISSIONER
He promises to commission 
Sidebite and Ranger for all the hardwork


Rest easy all Blogville is in 

good paws!!!


Sidebite, Ranger and Sarge

We forward to working with you all next year.

Hugs (I know that isn't very professional to hug) but heck I'm a

 cat I follow no rules

Madi


31 comments:

  1. Phew you had us worried for a moment......glad to know that Blogville is still a safe place to live in. Sidebite and Ranger have it covered and Sarge will oversee the whole department. Looks good to us. Have a terrific Tuesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad Blogville is in good paws! Thanks for the hug, I think that's the best what a Mayor can do :o) Butt I hope the mayor of my kraal will not hug me, he is always unshaved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously....Sidebite just LOOKS like law enforcement material!!! Blogville is in good hands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that Sidebite got the job. We know he will keep everyone straight in Blogville. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is reassuring news and they all look lovely in their uniforms. Best of all though is that you will be serving a second term as Mayor, Madi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OKAY Ernie you and I go into this booth thingy and we will CAST Our VOTES. Ready?
    You Put your X in Front of Madi's Name.
    OK Frankie... I can do this. I want to TRY to be a good citizen and VOTE like I should. I'm READY.

    X MADIson fur MAYOR of Blogville

    X MADIson fur MAYOR of Blogville

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now this is excellent news. I think my piggy hooves are in excellent paws and I'm sure all of you will make sure no fur buddy mistakes me for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, we are bothe voting for you for Mayor, but we can't find the voting booth, is this just an air mail thingie

    The Mad Scots

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your purple hat. Very Mayoress.
    Wags,
    Ranger (DTC)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent choices all round. I mean, I admit I did initially have some reservations about Blogvillevoting in a CAT for Mayoress, but you have beyond doubt done such a spiffing job Madi that all my doubts have vanished and I am thrilled that you have agreed to serve a second term.
    And of course having a police force dominated by terriers has to be a good thing.
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I still feel very confident and safe. I am in agreement with these trustworthy officials
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  12. We can't figure out where we are supposed to vote for yousa at? Also, we thinks sidebite and ranger are the hunkest around, whew!!! We are so glad Sarge is staying on also...we feel very safe.
    Stella Rose

    ReplyDelete
  13. We voted for you Madi! Looks like the Blogville police department is staffed with great experienced pups, and mighty handsome ones too. We are so glad Sarge agreed to the commissioner job, and congrats to Sidebite and Ranger on well deserved promotions
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Greta

    ReplyDelete
  14. Voting for YOU, Madi and for everyone who keeps our blogville safe n fun. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  15. hay ewe pupz.......ewe due knot like ta "bust" catz for "grazz" use due ya.... !! cat gotta haz "grazz" ...ya noe :)

    conga rats two ewe Sidebite, Ranger and Sarge !!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic! I feel very safe wandering around Blogville day and night with Sarge, Bites and Ranger on duty!
    *high paws*
    Oz

    ReplyDelete
  17. We are so happy that you will continue as Mayor Miss Madi and are very much relieved that Sarge will continue to serve Blogville in the police department. You can't go wrong modeling yourself after Tom Selleck.

    Millie & Walter

    ReplyDelete
  18. Madi, you of course have my vote and complete support. You have done an outstanding job this past year and I look forward to working with you more in the future. I feel much safer already with the crack police force you have hired and with Sarge as commissioner, nothing can go wrong. Congratulations and good luck in the coming year

    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  19. We can't believe it has been a year you have been Mayor. We suggest not tuning into Toronto's mayor, Rob Ford for ways to be a mayor - it is not a pretty scene!
    We are blogville is so well protected with our police force. Lee and Phod

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey Madi!
    Wow, you know you totally have my vote for your for our Mayoress! I'm so very glad to have you as our leader in Blogville and you've done a wonderful job. OMD/OMC I'm so very honored to be the new Police Commissioner and I'm looking forward to working with you and Sidebite to keep Blogville safe and fun. Thank you so much for the new appointment.
    Grr and an Official Woof,
    Sarge, Pol Comm

    ReplyDelete
  21. We are so happy that Blogsville is in such good paws.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mayor Madi, you have served Blogville well this past year and will do even greater things in the coming year. We will happily vote for you. We are so excited about Sidebite and Ranger as our police force and that Sarge has agreed to oversee all. We know we can feel safe in all of their capable paws.

    Purrs,
    Cindi Lou & The Kitty Krew
    Adam, Georgia and Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wows!!! That's lots goin' on Diva Mayor!!! You know I voted for you through the PEE MAIL!! I couldn't find a proper Polling spot, so I thought this was the next best option. I hopes I didn't leave any hangin' chads!! BOL
    Oh, and I Hopes that I am still your Squirrel Control Officer...ya know those little buggers are nasty this year!!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  24. What pawsomely wonderful news!! BIG congrats to Bites, Ranger and Sarge on your new and official roles! AROOOOOOROOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
    Wally & Sammy
    p.s. Miss Madi...you are totally rockin' this mayoress gig ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. WoooHoooooo, we missed the voting BOL. Now we can rest that Blogville is safe :) Have a super day Madi xxooxxx

    Mollie and Alfie

    ReplyDelete
  26. Surely all of Blogville can rest peacefully now knowing we're safe in the paws of such dedicated officers...Congrats to Sidebite on his appointment, and to Ranger for his and to Sarge for his his guiding paw in to help out...Great work Mayoress Madi! {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, so much good news. Congratulations on continuing as mayoress of Blogville, Madi. We will have to go visit Sarge and Sidebite too.

    ReplyDelete
  28. My Blogville is changing. Congratulations on your re-election Madi.
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete
  29. Aw, this was a really nice post. In idea I would like to put in writing like this additionally – taking time and actual effort to make a very good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate alot and by no means seem to get something done.

    Website
    Information

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net