My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Friday, November 2, 2018

Feline Friday


My grandcats

Frisco 16 lbs of laid back Ginger-man.  
He is in awe of Mia's invisible wings see below.

 Mia the mighty petite Tortie
She hopped from the bathroom counter to the top of the door

Yesterday my friend Ramona had a picture of daisies.  
My Mind's Eye remembered the song, Please don't Eat the Daisies by Doris Day.  Which lead My Mind's Eye to hear this sentence, "Mares eat oats and does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy".  It is from a song my mama used to sing when I was little.  That is all I could remember.  I asked GiGi Google what she knew about "little lambs eat ivy" .  She gave me the entire song.
What a delightful song now I know it all.  I have the tune in my head too.
Here it is with crazy spellings.


Mairzy Doats
Song by The Merry Macs
Lyrics


I know a ditty nutty as a fruitcake
Goofy as a goon and silly as a loon
Some call it pretty, others call it crazy
But they all sing this tune:
Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey
A kiddley divey too, wouldn't you?
Yes! Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey
A kiddley divey too, wouldn't you?
If the words sound queer and funny to your ear, a little bit jumbled and jivey
Sing "Mares eat oats and does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy"
Oh! Mairzy doats and dozy doats and liddle lamzy divey
A kiddley divey too, wouldn't you-oo?
A kiddley divey too, wouldn't you?

Here is the link to it being song you might actually have to copy and paste to hear it.
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UrUj8heIVE

Songwriters: Al Hoffman / Jerry Livingston / Milton Drake

27 comments:

  1. super great photos... we are deep impressen that Mia can walk on a door that way... I wish we could learn that too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Mia can FLY!
    So envious.
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never been to the top of a door. I'll have to try it! The housekeeper likes the song. I hope she doesn't over do it and decide to sing. Just sayin' - Tom x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a great song. It is a favourite of the Moms. Great pictures of the Grand cats. You all have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so much like my first two cats it's uncanny. My Wuppie (ginger tomcat) was big as well and my Mathilda loved walking up on door frames as well. Thanks for reminding me of them.

    Klem, Mara from NI

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hari Om
    Frisco knows how to live! As for Mia... going up is one thing...
    Love the ditty!!! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha, I've never heard that little song. Don't know if those word would roll off while singing.

    You have 2 beautiful grand cats. I thought Momma Mia how did little Mia get up there.

    Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did you ever get up there, Mia?! Mom remembers the Mairzy Doats song☺

    ReplyDelete
  9. super cat on the door, wow on way up high, I would prefer the sink for myself. both photos are adorable.. I have never heard the song, I went to the link and listened and have not heard it, words or tune..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those were fun photos and the Dad has that tune running in his ear now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So much ginger goodness! And VAVAVOOM on the tortie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such cute kitties. Mia is very talented. That's not easy to do.

    I've never heard of that song, but I didn't have much of a childhood either.

    Thanks for linking up to Feline Friday.

    Have a purrfect Feline Friday and weekend. Hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. That Mia should try out for Cirque de Soleil. Our mom says that her dad used to sing that song to her too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mia is an incredible leaper. Her jump to the top of the door defies common sense!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Momma says that she's never heard the first verse, but they sang the rest in choir when she was a pup. She still sings it to me sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What cuties! Yep, we can testify, that's a totally orange mancat thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So much kitty cuteness!!!

    ...and soooo many does eating ivy in my head right now LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  18. 'Please don't eat the daisies'....LOL, SHE remembers the movie!!! Love the kitty in the sink. Obviously some mischievous human hasn't turned on the taps yet.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Whoa, Mia - you need to be in the next Blogville Pawlympics - you must have quite the long jump!!! And Frisco, Mom just wants to rub that tummy tum tum.

    Mom loved that song, and now it is stuck in her head too:)

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  20. I loved that song too. It made more sense than the movie. ��

    ReplyDelete
  21. Frisco is a cutie. My great aunt and I used to sing that song :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  22. Frisco and Mia are a couple of cuties. We’re impressed with Mia’s leaping skills.

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMD, I wish I could do that!!!!! jump on the door that is...I already do the Frisco thing! BOL!!!
    Ma loooooved Please Don't Eat the Daisies TeeVee program as a wee lass ~ that's what made her wanting an Old English Sheepdog all her life! She finally got one, and wasn't disappointed! Best dogs! WHAT??? Okays, nows I'm just insulted....
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  24. Frisco is a man after my own heart with the sink and belly-up! As for leaping on top of a door - me and my 21 pounds would NEVER be able to do that......My Mom says her Mom sang that "Mares Eat Oats" song to her too....she never thought it made any sense but that was OK because it was fun to hear.

    Hugs, Teddy

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have seen pictures of cats that can walk the tops of doors and it is kind of amazing. Frisco has the cutest face... his eyes! I loved the movie Please Don't Eat the Daisies.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I used to sing that song to my kids. "Kids'll eat ivy too, wouldn't you?" Glad I never actually caught one of them eating it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net