My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Happy Tuesday

I am slowly preparing post with my Mountain photos
Today I'm sharing photos of 2 my quilts and a few pictures of
a big thing in the NC Mountains.  Quilts painted on Barns.
There evidently is a Barn art trail...wish I had known about it. LOL
Click HERE to take a virtual tour

FIRST BIG one is o Nature Friday....





3 for the Barn Art Quilt trail that we just happened upon:

I was able to photograph several barn quilt patterns.
 Evidently it is the 'rage' to have these painted on your barn.
I am not very savvy on the names of quilting patterns.  BUT I do so admire them.




My latest quilts:
Today I'm showing you (because I know you want to see it)
the latest creation from My Mind's Eye.
Most recently I've been using fabric from my 'stash' (a little quilting humor).
The 5" blocks have been here for a few months. The package of pastel blocks were purchase at 1/2 price. The horizontal muted gray rows were the last of that fabric (you seen several times).

The gray and white fabric around the border were a BOGO pack
I did have to purchase a  yard of fabric for the back, tiny floral print.
Some left over for my stash!



The thing about this little ditty aka mini quilt/sampler/I don't know what to call it
is that it was my first attempt a making the binding out of fabric from the quilt rather 
than using packaged quilt binding.  I thought it would be 'easier' but alas it was about
the same amount of time except this is less time to hem since it is smaller.

This is for us.  My inspiration was the spread in the guest room pictured on the right side of the collage.  It will reside somewhere in the guest room.  Either on the back of this chair 
that was my Mom's or perhaps on the dresser.  Yet to be determined.

Very delicate and I love it with the bedspread.



Of course JoAnn's had all the Christmas fabrics out too.
I have perfected the art of quilts with squares needed something new:
Depending on how the size of quilt you want you need
fleece for the backing and fabric for the front.  (Video link at the end if you are interested)

Cutting and assembly was completed in about an hour and a half.


I decided to do a simple straight stitch around all the roofs and doors and windows in red.

The trees were top outlined in a gold thread




30 comments:

  1. we love your quilts... oh to be at least a little bit talented to make nice things with my own hands... but it seems god has other plans for me LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. You do an incredible, incredible job. Gone are the days when a person has to dedicate an entire room to a quilting frame!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    I love your guest room 'original', lovely blend of colours! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the painted quilts on the barns and that quilt clock is awesome! Love your wonderful quilts, Miss Cecilia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are amazing. And I love that clock too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! And remember, Christmas is only 105 days away!!!

    Klem, Mara

    ReplyDelete
  7. We see them on barns when we drive through Iowa all the time and have not figured out what they mean. Are they just random designs or family designs?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilts are so lovely. You have a good talent for making them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We enjoyed seeing the barn quilts. It is a rule if you are a quilter that whenever you are travelling you need to look up local quilt shops to visit so you can add to your "stash". Of course it is similar to a yarn junkie looking for yarn shops too. Your new quilt looks great in the guest room and your Christmas quilt is cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're having a great time quilting. Good for you. Quilts are a wonderful gift to get as well.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. We love your quilts but we couldn't even do a painted on one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the material on the edge of the Christmas Quilt... and the gold stitiching is so pretty... the material on the edge of the quilt on the chair, is almost very much like my blouse that is in a post in a few days. you could use my blouse to back a small quilt. great job, you learned all this so quickly

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know about hex signs on barns, but quilt designs are new to me...interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmm - I wonder when that barn "rage" will spread to out here. I've never seen it before but it looks cool.

    I love the colors that you choose - they appeal to my heart. You are such a talented person!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We love seeing the progression of your quilts. Your two new ones are lovely. Mom still wishes she could do that too.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh my love your quilts and all the links you included! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love those barns with the quilt patterns. You definitely need to go on the whole tour!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my! What beautiful quilts you are creating C...I really enjoy the colors of your "original"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Half an hour from whoa to go....that's my kind of craft...lol! They look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. the christmas quilt is cute !! and no amount of watching a video for any length of time would do me a bit of good....I cut a hole in a dress trying to take out a hem ~~~ ☺☺ !!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh I love them all. You did beautiful work. The barn quilt designs remind me of the Amish barns up North.

    ReplyDelete
  22. My ghostwriter wishes she had the patience to do some quilting. Your quilts are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have never seen those painted on houses or barns but it is certainly cool. My husband would be amazing at that so maybe it will come to Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love love love the quilts!!
    hugs
    Mabel & Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are all lovely .
    Merle...........

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful!!! You know your "mini-quilts" would make wonderful wall hangings - Carol does those and they are fabulous additions to take the place of hanging a picture in a room. I love your projects - you're certainly enjoying quilting aren't you!

    Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  27. Quilts painted on barns was big in Missouri, too. I am happy you are enjoying quilting! Your quilts are lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net