My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Saturday, November 2, 2019

Cake Decorating,Hand Crafts and Quilts: NC State Fair

My nephew KAT graciously agreed to share some Feline Funny to go with today's post.
Thursday they were wheeling through,
he sent me an original riddle!

Aunty do you know what a cat says in Texas?
Meow-dy.  

Dearest Nephew,
MOL MOL MOL MOL MOL
A Georgia Cat says it da best too!!!
Uncle is wondering if you plan to make it to 
New Mexico today?
Lovingly your Aunty HiC



One of our favorite things to do at the NC State Fair is to meander through the Exhibit Hall
All kinds of Crafts, bake goods and just all around fun and every so often free food.

I loved x 87 this Cat/Mermaid cake
There is a torso selfie in the first photo



Of course I was especially interested in the Quilts and hand work this year.
This crocheted bell and ribbon took my breath away


Needlepoint


 This cat looked real enough to jump on my arms
Beautiful green eyes.



Quilts:  There was a man behind the booth with a long shaft periodically turning the 
quilt rack  I hardly had time to admire them




 Miscellaneous
Cross stitch



24 comments:

  1. Love going to the show to see all the hand made items. (I have a policy of not decorating anything that is ruined or eaten in less time than it took me to decorate it!) Looks like you got a good luck. Seem I'm always behind the crowd trying to get a peep.

    Meowdy to all the GA cats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. meow-dy and good morning. he he he.... those cakes are amazing, especially the cat. I am always surprised at how some people are so gifted decorating cakes. I know you were in quilt heaven. so much to see there and some of everything...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fairs are so much fun! Love the needlework and the gorgeous quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What talented crafters - so many very beautiful exhibits! Bet you had a lot of fun seeing all that creativity in one spot.

    Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing work. So much effort goes into it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hari Om
    OMWonder - look at that beauty and Love... but I was totally stopped by the Proverbs needlepoint: all I could think of was my mother... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is a bunch of great needlepoint and art. Thanks for the pictures. I bet that was fun to see. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The CAKES! Amazing. I bet you did enjoy all the crafts. I am so happy Kat is a good little traveler!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There sure were a lot of interesting crafts to see. Those cakes are amazing. It would take a lot of will power for our mom not to stick a finger in all that frosting. BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those were some amazing handicrafts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH these are every single one, bar none, the absolute best crafting I have seen. WHAT a treasure trove you got to see!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That cat cake was amazing I will add.

    ReplyDelete
  13. RVKat, carry on dude! Those cakes, quilts and needlepoint are all amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a stunning display of crafting talent.
    But I do wonder what the maker of the cat/mermaid cake had been consuming when he or she came up with that idea!
    Cheers, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The quilts and needlepoint are beautiful, and the cakes too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Meow-dy, ha, ha, ha. Is that a mer-cat cake? We love everything but the butterflies pinned to a board. That's cruel and creepy! XOX Xena, Lucy and Amy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those were some awesome cakes. I would have to touch them. I am weak-willed

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Kat’s Joke!!!!! The quilts are beautiful, but they aren’t as good as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, some really talented people. Those cakes are amazing! Too cool to eat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! Wow! Wow! All of the fair entries are spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. People are so talented! Momma keeps saying she wants to enter one of her cross stitches in the fair someday, but she always forgets to look up the entry information until it's too late!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is what I like to look at during fairs. Beautiful cakes and quilts!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net