My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Monday, July 11, 2022

Awww Monday and Sparks

 


 Thank you to our   

Host Comedy Plus  

 I have not taken an EMW in at least a month!
Why you ask, way down here in Dixie it has been as hot as 
HE🏒🏒! 
Thankfully we have an indoor recumbent bike we both use during extreme hot or cold weather.
Usually by 6AM, our wake up time, the temp and humidity have been miserable.  Most days were high 90's with feels like in triple digits.
Sunday, July 10 it was raining lightly, but very comfortable temps.
I grabbed my umbrella.
 I remembered to take my camera too.
This fella lives at the end of our street.  He has look for each holiday.  Glad I didn't miss his Independence Day look.


I continued my EMW, humming in the rain happy to be walking.
As I turned the corner towards home, I spied Cody on his front porch
I was beyond happy.  I haven't seen him in FUREVER
top left: his staff just open the door 
top right: he spied me

bottom left:  he was stretching, started walking toward me.  I declare he was smiling.  I put my camera away so I could properly greet this handsome fella.  We had a love fest. 
Bottom right:  I saw the door open again he took off running... YES running.  I suspect it was breakfast time.


These probably aren't really Sparks but they are about rain and funny

Our mighty mini Dachshund, Toto, hated going in the rain.  I really and truly had to hold an umbrella over him.  If it was snowing, I had to run after him.  That crazy German love snow. 



24 comments:

  1. So glad you were able to get out of the house again for your EMW and see that Cody is doing OK.
    Nobby tolerates rain but is not an enthusiast! Yesterday he encountered his hottest temperatures ever (over 80F) on the way back home from YAM-aunty's place. Thankfully the car's little used A/C was working!
    Cheers, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ho cody ;o) we have hellish temperatures too..... and there is no end in sight... we will be hot dogs this summer LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you were able to get out for your walk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always remember that rain can create rainbows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hari Om
    We had a burst of 'summer' here by the Hutch over the weekend - it got to 24'C (75'F) and this reaclimatised expatriate felt the effects! To think I used to handle high-30's centigrade "nae tother abaw"... So glad to see Cody still meeting and greeting. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy that you got to see Cody! Molly will go out in the rain but she hates umbrellas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have it easy here rain or shine...it's called indoor cat!!

    Love seeing Cody too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The heat and humidity are not fun for being outdoors but we still go anyway. Glad you got out a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The heat and humidity has been awful, we have hardly been out of the house! It makes me feel better that I am not alone. I am glad you got out and saw Cody!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know all about hot! Good to see Cody.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beau will not go out when it is wet butt he does walk in the rain and does his business in the rain, quickly and into the house. love the little whatever he is guy. glad you could walk and also get a pet with Cody... Food Trumps Pets even for Beau

    ReplyDelete
  12. We would LOVE some rain here!! Those decorations are super cute. We're glad you got to see Cody.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's going to be 103 here today. We don't have the humidity though. It's still hot and we want to stay inside.

    I love seeing Cody. He's so handsome.

    Thank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week. Big hug and stay cool. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. We're glad to hear you were able to take your EMW and how nice it was that Cody came out to greet you. Who knew that Cousin It lived in your neighborhood too? BOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How wonderful to have Cody to greet you ~ what a fun post and great photos and sparks ~ hope it cools off for you soon ~ Xo

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  16. We (finally) got some hots last week. The mornings are nice and cool, Cinnamon and I really enjoy our walk and it has now become the long walk. Abut the evening...the mosquitoes are huge and there are zillions of them because of all the rain we have had! So there are no evenings outside, its times like this we wish we had some air conditioning! We LOVE seeing Cody!

    ReplyDelete
  17. We have a scorcher today! 90º and windy. But as we always say, if it's not snow and ice, we'll take it! Please say hello to Cody from Chester.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is some fun yard guard! Awww, you made Cody's day!

    ReplyDelete

  19. That is so cool. I love it when people keep changing the theme. XO

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh hahahah great sparks and yeah for Cody!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It is pretty darn steamy here too, but Mom gets us out very early for our daily walk. She is very ready for her shower when we have all had a turn. But she also doesn't mind walking in the rain in the summer. Yep, just grab an umbrella and get moving. But NOT if there is thunder and lightning. We loved seeing Cody too.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  22. SOOOO Happy to know that Cody is OK and still loving life and still greeting his neighborhood friends!!!!

    Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net