My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Friday, August 2, 2024

Nature and Feline Flashback Friday

Esq. Ernie and his Mom enjoyed and thank you for your comments yesterday.
Oh how lovely to think that some of F and E's friends from so long ago still remember him.  πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸΎπŸΎ 


Nature  and Feline Friday

 What fun I found on an EMW

Subtitle: Recycling Trees


When I saw this cute little gnome, my mind's eye saw


On my EMW on July 29 I was happy to see the Gnomes family is growing



On July 3,
 I posted these painted birdhouses my neighbor has around his deck railing.

Many asked if he made and painted them.  I don't think he makes them.  However, I'm pretty sure he paints them. He recently had  a huge hardwood cut down.
I watched as he spent lots of time arranging them then he painted them


Flashback August 2, 2011

SWITCHED

I'm a lucky kitty...Mom is always looking for things to enrich my life.  This is my cat tree, I've had it for 87 million years
but I never get on it...at least I didn't.  
She decided to move it from the left side of the 
dining room window to the right side.
It was like it was brand, spanking new again.


And I love the new location.  I stand on the top of the tree, look out this octagonal window onto the porch where the squirrels like to
congregate and best of all, if I wanted to, I could jump right in Dad's food too.  That is his chair at the bottom of the picture
She added a raw hide string to the string toy so that
I can swat at it when I'm in the tube.
OMC look she put a toy inside the tube too
Thanks Mom my tree was B O R I N G but
now it is N E W and fun
Hugs Madi

24 comments:

  1. Dear Madi had such a rich and wonderful life. She was one lucky cat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh madi... with the legendary leap from counter... thats my favorite memory... the tree is interesting it looks like a giant wooden clover... maybe it brings good luck?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely memories of Madi. The gnome family is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the painted left over pieces of tree take down. great idea and the tree stump the gnomes are gather on is amazing all by itself. I love the shape of it. I hope they sold sliced of that tree, who ever hauled it off. its perfect for the wall hangings. Madi was so happy when you moved it.. ha ha on the food jump.. not that she would . love that window a lot

    ReplyDelete
  5. We sure do remember Frankie and Ernie and they were fun bloggers. Cute little gnome. Funny how people start things like the gnomes on that tree remnant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun to see about the Gnomes and the birdhouses. More fun to see about the kitty cat and the cat tree. Don't we all know they need to have a change of pace. Thank you so very much for the " precious" card. It was just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Location counts. We posted not long ago similar story about June's cat tree. Ignored in spots #1 and #2 ... now loved in Spot #3. It's all about real estate ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hari OM
    Who could forget the Wein-bros Legal Eagles?!! As for Madi - a true Duchess! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the use of the tree stump for the gnomes. They look like they're perched on a giant flower.

    Madi, my angels always had great fun when I moved their cat trees around too, at least for a little while. Your tall tree was absolutely pawsome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed that story about your attitude changing with the changing of the TREE! Our mom's never know what will motivate us! Madi, I loved seeing you again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How we miss you, Madi♥ The gnomes on the tree stump are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dearest Cecilia,
    You have a special neighbor who lines up the tree blocks and then paints them where they got hackneyed! Those birdhouses look cute as well.
    And your header photo with these perfect crepe myrtles is stunning!
    Madi was special and she loved change in her little world.
    Hugs,
    Mariette + Kitties

    ReplyDelete
  13. You sure have lots of fun things to look at on your EMW. We love seeing the Madi flash back too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the gnomes, bird houses and your sweet kitty tree house ~ thanks,


    Hugs to you Cecilia and Angel Madi ~ ^_^

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    clm ~ A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those paintied bird houses sure are pretty and it was sure fun seeing the Angel Madi tree fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. madi…it waz grate two see yur gorgeouz self two day and tell mom ceeeee, thanx for sharin that tree stump foto…itz total lee awesum ‼️‼️‼️πŸ˜ΊπŸ˜ΊπŸ˜ΊπŸ’™πŸŸ

    ReplyDelete
  17. What beautiful nature today...Yard art, made from tree slices....and I always love to see any kind of Gnome!

    ..seeing Angel Madi was icing on the cake!
    hugs,
    Beth and the girls
    PeeEss...thank you for your heartfelt comment today

    ReplyDelete
  18. So enjoyed this flashback of Madi and her tree. Really think the last photo is interesting... she is truly inspecting every little thing. The window looking out on the porch is perfect! The little gnomes are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute gnomes and birdhouses. LOL... Madi you kitty cats will do whatever you want to do.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sweet flashback of Angel Madi. Love the gnomes. :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those gnomes are a lot of fun! It was nice that Angel Madi was able to make an appearance. Lee and Phod

    ReplyDelete
  22. Madi was a smart kitty, recognizing that small changes can result in big and new things.

    Love the little gnomes on the tree trunk.

    Woo - Misty and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Angel Madi. Our Mom and Dad say the best thing about our house is the location in the neighborhood. It's one of only 2 houses surrounded by small stands of woods, giving us all lots of privacy. Me, I'd rather be able to see what the neighbors are doing! XOX Xena
    And I'd rather not hear the barking if she saw what the neighbors are doing! Just love the little gnome village under construction on that tree stump, and what a pretty stump! The Mom

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net