My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Thursday, August 1, 2024

Thankful and Thoroughly Poetic Thursday #176

Thankful Thursday hosted by 

 

  I, Ernie, am thankful to be able to  lay close to the AC duct on
 🔥🥵 days.      

    But as you can see, that breeze can be EAR HAIR RAISING.  LOLOLOL 😂🤣 

Ernie the Retired Attorney 

*****************************

 Poetic Thursday hosted by our pals Teddy and Angel Sammy 

Here is our challenge for today 


This is a story not a poem about 

The Big Bad Wolf at Busch Gardens

I am not a fan of roller coasters or ferris wheels.

I don't like heights and I especially don't like heights that curve and turn at odd angles.

Many years ago when we were younger we went to Busch Gardens.  At the time there were numerous roller coasters just like this.  My husband wanted  to ride at least one. 

In 2018 I  had a post about this ride here is are a few photos

No way, I said I'll wait for you.

Then we spied the Big Bad Wolf.  

 We watched it many many times as it started off in this lovely setting meandering through trees calmly.......It was totally different from any roller coaster.  Not high, no curves and twists.  It was built so that the cars were mounted under the tracks.  I agreed to ride it. 

 

My husband kept telling me to open my eyes.  I replied, NOPE I can only handle one sensation at a time and right now it is FEELING...don't need to SEE. 

At one point the tracks passed over a lake.  He said LOOK,  A few more inches and our feet could have have touched the water just passed these trees  

OMCs/OMDs it was so much fun we rode it 4 times in a row.  I thoroughly enjoyed feeling and seeing every inch of the ride. 

22 comments:

  1. I don't ever want to get on a roller coaster...I would 'leave my cookies' all over it! (Or on those below...) That ride you went on is for sure more my style too...and I have had these thoughts since aa a kid I was on one of those rotating saucer rides....OMC! Never again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari Om
    Aw, good to see Ernie!

    As for roller coasters, I wouldn't be in one either, but the treetop sight seer is another thing altogether! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to go on roller coasters when I was young, but they weren't as extreme as now. I managed to persuade Ivor to go on Splash Mountain in Disney and he said, never again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 4 times??? wow that as super brave.... we are no fans of such rides.... and there were embarrassing memories of my childhood LOL. Hi Ernie, we love your mohawk and send a big hug to you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I rode roller coasters and ferris wheels when I was much younger but no more! Hi Ernie! Love your mohawk!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't do rides. Maybe a merry go round. That's about it. Ernie, you are one cool dude.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am definitely not a fan of a roller coaster. But it sounds like the ride you were on would have been fun and not as scary. But then I'm terrified of heights. Ernie looks to be taking life easy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ernie, we remember you. Too bad we don't hear much from you, but now we know you are retired and working on a new fur style.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never ridden one or ever will! I rode a ferris wheel ONE TIME and almost died of fright. Ernie looks so cute.. if that ride you liked was only as high as I see in the photo I would do it, but not the sky rides. this one looks like if you fell its not that far unless it fell in the water. I just changed my mind. I am not a thrill seeker for sure. there are a zillion people who love them... I love the merry go round with horses if that counts..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ernie looks like a super cool woofie! I used to love roller coasters and not these days! Thanks for joining Angel Brian's Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yeah, OMC and OMD ... even a Merry-Go-Round is NOT for me (much to the dismay of my "kids" when they were "kids") ... even good ole Dramamine was no help at all! Fun to watch the others, a disaster to ride. Always thought my entrance to
    Disney should be a "freebie", haha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How wonderful to see Ernie! He looks cute with his mowhawk hair style. That does look like a nice ride to go on. We're glad you finally opened your eyes to see the sights too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ernie is sweet! No roller coasters for our Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have enjoyed posts about Ernie. Ernie is catching a good cool breeze. So nice to have the ducts in the floor. We have them in the ceiling and it's not the same. Love the mohawk! No roller coasters these days. But the Big Bad Wolf would work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ernie ~ smart and cute doggie ~ no problem with messy hair ~ keep cool ~ hugs,

    Hugs to you, Cecilia and Angel Madi ~ ^_^

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    clm ~ A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ernie, we love your mohawk....and agree about those wonderful A/C vents!!

    I also love that you went on that roller coaster C, what a fun story!
    xoxo,
    Beth, Rosy and Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ernie, I like being close to those vents too! ~Murphy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Did you ever open your eyes on the ride? It sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ernie is cute. That was a fun story. I used to like rollercoaters, but that was a long time ago. :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ernie, you have the perfect spot. Keep being cool!

    I agree with you, roller coasters look like fun, but they are hard on some people, so I just have to watch or ride the "baby coasters," the ones built for kids.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my........my Mom says she has been on the Big Bad Wolf at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg too and remembers the part over the water - and whenever they'd make a big turn the seats would to straight out to the side and make you feel like you'd fall out! It was fun THEN but she's not sure it would be the same NOW!

    Hugs, Teddy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oooh how lovely to see Bertie's old friend Ernie the Attorney. His hairdo is looking splendid. Almost like he'd been on a rollercoaster!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net