My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching,

Friday, October 2, 2026

Nature and Feline Friday with Rocky

  Nature Friday host LLB Gang  

We had our native Red Bud pruned in the spring
OMDs. Nieces Rosy and Sunny
Look at the most beautiful heart shaped leaves that grew.
Normallyl Red bud leaves are heart shaped but  just dark green...as you can see from the smaller green leaves hiding under the big ones and above on the trunk.




Click here Hostess Miss Mimi

Dear Auntie HiC,

How cool is this?!? 🙀






Here Kitty, Kitty, Kitty! 😹

❤️ Rocky

 

18 comments:

  1. wow the leaves look like brandnew... welcome back mr. bud

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kit, Kat, Rocky & CaliOctober 2, 2026 at 2:07 AM

    What lovely leaves. They look similar to my climbing hydrangea vine leaves
    I’d be more than happy to volunteer in an attempt to domesticate this adorable new cat species. Keep an ample supply of bandages close at hand. 😹

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I planted four sapling red buds in the spring of 2024, they did well until we had a severe wind...one broke off at the trunk, even though it had support, another died entirely, and two did well. But the broken one did not make any attempt to rejuvenate itself, like yours is doing. Maybe it was not mature enough. This past spring neither one make flowers, let alone the little 'bean-pods'. I think we had a late frost that quelled the flower buds. Same with our weeping cherry tree...no blossoms! I hope that come spring we may see pretty blossoms on all of my flowering trees. (Better for the bees and other pollinators, too)
    That is a pretty wild cat...Do NOT Touch!! MOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything about the Redbud trees is just gorgeous and what a pretty kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hari OM
    That foliage is gorgeous... I'm a bit of a fan of leafy gardens. I like flowers, but there is something about variegated foliage that I love... and that's amazing, I was reading about the Tilcayo only a couple of weeks ago (article with video and more info. What a little gem of nature! Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those leaves are beautiful. So big too.
    That cat is really cute. So someone had this and then realized it wasn't a domesticated cat? That's crazy

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a super cool looking cat but we would be a bit afraid of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the picture of the redbud leaves. I'm certainly going to miss the ones on our trees when they start to drop. Our cherry trees and walnut trees are almost bare already. Love the Teeny wild kitty. Rocky did a good job showing all this. Precious news with an intelligent cat he is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We've followed the news of that "striking little wild cat" .... it's always amazing when a new species seems to be discovered ... [or maybe a hybrid]. He/she would be, if tame, a beautiful house kitty friend ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. We rescued one out of the back where the land had been cleared up. It got huge. But, then we had to get rid of it because it dropped a jillion seed pods every year. I loved it though. But, got to the I'm getting rid of anything that causes me more work in the yard phase, so it was dug up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Red Bud makes me HAPPY! The kitty is very interesting. Will have to do some searching. Good Morning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those sure are pretty leaves. How cool that a new cat species was discovered.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW...Mr. Red Bud really loved his pruning and all the greens are sooooo pretty!!

    I wonder if that kitty would like to play with me??
    xoxo,
    Rosy (and Sunny and Mama too!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely heart shaped plant and a new kitty specie ~ Hugs ^_^

    Hugs to you Cecilia and Angel Madi ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  15. de gurl hada way cool red bud atta nother plaze…her shulda taked it with her when her mooved….never mind him waz like ten feetz tall 😸‼️🧡🖤🖤🧡🐾

    ReplyDelete
  16. So the only way to tell that the tilcayo was not a domesticated cat was to domesticate one? Liked and linked.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those leaves are really pretty and they look so healthy. The new species cat is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh!!
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS

Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net