My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Friday, February 22, 2019

Final Friday Fiction and Nature Friday


Today I found my 3 lines from
The Family Lawyer
by James Patterson with  Robert Rotstein

line 8:  was just a small child
line 12:  you could interpret it 
line 16:  Correct


Toto the mighty mini Dachshund who COULD..... 


Toto was our first family pet, we brought him home in 1974.
Life as we knew it changed. My daughter was just a small child, age 3.
She was about 4 in this photo and Toto was 1.



My daughter loved her Barbies.  They all had names and she was very
careful with them.  When her friends came to play, she had one rule and one rule only.  Don't pull the legs apart or stretch them. 
You would be correct if you thought Toto was a chewer.
We made sure he had proper things to chew on like this bone. 
However, his all time most favorite thing in the entire world to chew on was......
Barbie legs.  Yep never heads or arms just LEGS
My husband called Toto a 'leg man'!  
Once my daughter caught him chewing on her newest Barbie.  One leg was missing a foot.  The Barbie had extremely long hair.
 Toto came running up the hall at Mach dach speed.  His human sis was chasing him, holding the Barbie by the one good leg it had.  She  trying to swat him with the Barbie hair.  I opened the patio door so Toto could get into the yard.  You could interpret it as interference on my part; however, his sis was on a mission.  He needed a head start.  Toto might have been vertically challenged but he could run like the wind.  He ran around the outside of the house.  The patio door was still open he ran and back inside. His Sis was still running trying to catch him.
She ran around the house one more time
 finally realized he was not in the yard. When she came back inside Toto
was sitting by the patio door as if to say hey sis what took so long...and of course
looking very innocent. 
We all loved this crazy, determined, strong willed Dachshund and still
tell Toto stories to this day.

Final Friday Fiction is a blog hop...click here to read others.

*************************************************

Hosted by my Niece Rosy, and her 2 brudders Arty and Jakey HERE


Cammie our Ruby Red Camellia continues to delight us with her 
cheery red face.  As of Friday February 15, we had about 6 Daffies blooming and many more popping up all over.  Due to very wet forecast for the first part of this week, I took the photos early for this post.
We planted several with orange throats last fall.  
We are so happy to see them.





Nothing short of a miracle occurred yesterday, Feb 21 2019

WE SAW BLUE SKIES FOR THE FIRST TIME IN six (6) days
and I noticed a the maple trees have a wee bit of red on them
Thank you Mother Nature!!


29 comments:

  1. that is true, the legs were da important point, Idk what Mattel did but their always broke or got cracks at this place, specially when you tried to place Barbie on the back of her horse... that was nearly impossible...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Momma says Hank her basset got a few Barbie legs too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Toto story and the camellias and daffies are just gorgeous. It's wonderful to see signs of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toto was a character! I had Barbie dolls but I don't remember playing with them much. Your Camellia blooms are gorgeous. It's a good sign to see daffies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hari OM
    I sure would have loved to have met Toto!!! that camellia is gorgeous... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. MOL that's a great story!!! Your flowers are beautiful!

    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great memory about Toto. They all have their personalities and Toto had a great one.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend, Cecilia. Big hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Toto was a funny pup and very clever to have outsmarted Marlu while running around the outside of the house.

    Your flowers are so pretty and have us just a bit jealous since we won't see anything like that for at least two months.

    ReplyDelete
  9. we once had a dachshund mix, think dachshund with long legs, they are fast. I enjoyed your Dach at Mach speed story.. to funny, and we entertain ourselves a lot with old stories of our pets.. bob has dozens of funny cat stories. enjoyed your fond memories of Toto... beautiful nature shots and so happy you have blue sky....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous flowers!!!
    Too funny about the Barbie legs!
    KZK

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the Barbie leg story! Toto was a character - there is no doubt about it!!!! Your poor daughter had to learn lots of hard lessons from him but I can tell that she loved him anyway.

    Gorgeous flowers! I hope that blue skies are still there :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. My ginger cat Wuppie would take anything that was made of yarn. Only homemade, mind. Which meant that I found my socks in the litter box, my scarf under my bed and Baby Jesus was carried everywhere as well. Needless to say I never showed my nativity because of Wuppie.

    Those flowers look fantastic, especially the bottom left one with the bud not quite open yet.

    Klem,
    Mara from NL

    ReplyDelete
  13. That was a fun story, we could see that Toto running like crazy, sounds like Simon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. toto.....984 paws up....trout towne hada bulldog that waz a leg man two; chair legz, table legz, R legz :) ♥♥♥ ♥♥♥

    madi; ya look bee ewe tee ful in de new header ☺☺☺♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. When I was a pup, I stole one of ghostwriter's dollies from the bottom shelf and ran around the house with it playing keep-away. Boy was she mad at me for that! I know now to never touch those things.

    We are glad to see some pretty flowers. It'll be several more weeks before even the crocuses show up in my yard. The silver maple does have a few red buds, though.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That was a funny story. I used to give my dolls to the dog, never cared for them, only liked stuffed animals.XO

    ReplyDelete
  17. BOL! a leg man! that was funny!
    We were -5 degrees this morning brrrr. Now we are supposed to start warming up to maybe daytime in the 40's!!! We sure hope that is the start of spring
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  18. SHE, having missed the barbie craze—and never really liked them—is on Toto’s side.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That was a fun story about Toto. i was more of a tomboy when I was small and preferred to play with cars. my brother used to hide his from me so then I started getting my own as presents.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Toto was such a hoot!!! I always enjoy stories about him!!

    Cammie's blooms and your daffies are so pretty and colorful!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I know what you mean about seeing the sun!! It's been gloomy & raining almost daily since September here. Sun shine a couple days ago...went out to hunt for Texas bluebonnets. Photos & lensball images coming soon.

    I LOVED reading about Toto. We had Doxies too. Sweet, sweet breed!...even the "legman".

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great story reminded me of my son when he was young and we had a dachshund. They are so much fun especially with children. I hope we see blue sky soon...I can only remember one day of blue sky in 2 months. Happy for you getting to see blue above. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  23. I would've been upset if that happened to one of my Barbies! Then again, one of my Barbies ended up with gum in her hair (I fell asleep on her) and another one lost her head (literally ... though that was my brother's doing ... I'd called his stuffed bunny (given name Snowball) Snowpuff for the last time.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I thinks me and Toto would have been FABulous furiends!!! You don't even wants to know what Ma's brudder did to her Barbies...waits, she didn't have REAL Barbies...she had the discount ones and her Gma crocheted all the clothes. You would thinks that would be bad, butts you know how easy it is to put crocheted clothes on a wanna-be-Barbie?? Easy peasy! BOL! at least that's what Ma told me....☺
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  25. HAHAHA......Toto must have been a "leg man" ! That's a funny story too but for those of us who had Barbies - we were desperately serious about keeping them in good shape so a legless/footless one was UNACCEPTABLE! Looks like you're beginning to see some signs of Spring - nothing yet around here I'm afraid - just a lot of snow leftovers and mud!

    Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  26. Toto was a stinker. Luv the story. Cammie is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  27. I can just see, in MY mind's eye, the chase with all its emotions and am sitting here smiling.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net