My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Saturday, March 2, 2019

Dr. Seuss Day Blog Hop


Hosted by
Molly and Chimera and Jakey 


First of all I'd like to purrsonally thank Dr. Seuss from the bottom of my heart..
Boys and girls my daughter loved Dr. Seuss and he save a many a day from ruin.

When Big M (that is what her daddy called her) was about 5, we decided to
drive from NC to Disney WORLD.  (we were young and stupid).
#1 we should have flown
#2 we should not have told Big M where we were going until we were THERE.
I had all kinds of entertainment and snacks in the car but she was so excited she could hardly focus.  Every few miles she would ask, 'are we there yet'.  Every time she saw a huge, green and white signs,  "Welcome to ...."  whatever state we were entering.  With each sign she spelled out the letters and asked is this door to Florida? Her favorite Dr. Seuss books were Hop on Pop and Green Eggs and Ham.  I'm pretty sure we read each of them 87,000 times.  We were getting silly and had started making up lines extra lines. Dr. Seuss was my hero
Finally after much silence from the front seat I hear,
"Big M, here is the Door to Florida".



Angel Madi absolutely loved Dr. Seuss Day.  Below are two of my favorite posts

March 2018

My name is Madi
but I am not catty!
When my din din is not ready,
sometimes I get 'maddie'
I never wear booties
but sometime I wear hatties!
We have reached the end of this
madi-ness.

Dr. Seuss thanks for all the gazillion hours your work has delighted, taught and nurtured children.



Here is another ditty in honor of Dr. Seuss' day.

Socks on the floor for me to explore
Socks  in a drawer from the store,
Socks  in my nose 
that should be on her toes
Socks here and there.
A hoarder she is furever more!!!!

Respectfully submitted 
by Madi and Mom just two Senior
ladies who are never bored.


March 2015
Dr. Seuss always said be funny, be silly make yourself willy nilly
turn yourself upside down....
Today I'm living out a fantasy...I'm Madi-lyn Mad-roe

This is a quote by the Marilyn Monroe, that  I think applies to an almost 15 year old feline diva!! Words to live by for sure!

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.



31 comments:

  1. The purrfect post and most assuredly Seuss approved!
    Happy Dr. Seuss Day!
    xoxo
    Wyatt and Tegan

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great memories of both Big M and Diva M.
    Happy Dr Seuss Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    YAY... for memorial day
    Both dr Seuss and Diva Madi remembered
    We in Blogville way
    are fondly reminded and ...

    okay. got stuck! &*> YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Dr Seuss Day. Do you know, I never actually read any of his books. They were just not that popular over here. I did see some films though.

    Klem, Mara

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY, I do remember Madi and her Maddiness… you may not know that I have never held a Seuss book or even seen one and did not know his books existed until I started blogging and had to look him up to see what blogland was talking about... I assume it was because when my boys were small we could not afford expesnive books, we had the 1.00 kind and the ones people gave us... great post. and I still miss Madi to

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dr Seuss would have loved your post and so do we!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post is the most from a wonderful host. Oh, and Dr. Seuss's creator was born up in Springfield, MA near where mom and dad are originally from!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Green eggs and ham is a fave at work and I have also read it 87 000 times.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Dr.Seuss day! Those are cute memories of Madi. I had never heard of Dr. Seuss until a few years back on the blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Dr. Seuss Day! Great memories and soooo nice to see Angel Madi!!

    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a great post for Dr. Seuss. Love the poetry and including Angel Madi.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We are loving all these trips down memory lane for Dr. Seuss Day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're never to old to wacky to wild to pick up a book and read to a child. Wonderful memories.
    Your Friend
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awe love looking back on Madi's posts!! Mama feels ya on da road trip. They finally got smart and got a DVD player fur there trip to TN when brudder was little dis was befur they had them in all da cars & stuffs like they do now.

    xoxo,
    Matt & Matilda

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful memory of the drive to Disney World and how Dr. Suess saved you. I always love the Madi Memories, and these ones are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The best post ever. Wonderful memories.

    Happy Dr. Seuss Day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Dr. Seuss Day! Great tribute to Dr. Seuss and to Angel Madi. XO

    ReplyDelete
  18. The door to Florida! That's pawesome.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a pawesome post filled with such wonderful Suessical memories!!
    Have a Suessical Day!
    Rosy, Arty & Jakey(and Mama)

    ReplyDelete
  20. "Are we there yet?" is a very familiar theme to the Momster both with her own kids and with the grands:) We think Mom may have every one of Dr. Seuss's books. In fact, she enjoys them as much as the kidlets:)

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your Maddi was an eye-catching beauty, I must say! I wish I had known her, 'cause I think we could've been good furr-iends. We could've dressed up as THINGs together! Tee hee hee. Like you, Mom also really liked 'Green Eggs and Ham.' Her all time fav Dr. Seuss story was 'How the Grinch Stole Christmas.' Happy Dr. Seuss Day! -Valentine (& Kerry) of Noir Kitty Mews

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh how we love this post full of memories!!!
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am soooooooooooooo happy you shared this post! Fantastic! Loved seeing Madi and OMG that Marilyn Monroe quote is my fave!! Happy Dr.Seuss Day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. We enjoyed reading Madi's previous Dr. Seuss posts. But I have a question. Are we there yet?

    ReplyDelete
  25. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Madi always made me laugh on special Blogville days especially hard. We drove from Shreveport, LA to Disney World with our two children so I can definitely relate. Hope to fly with the grandkids when that day comes! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  27. That was great! I love socks too. Mostly I steal them and then run around playing keep-away with them! Oh, and green eggs and ham sound like what's in the fridge the day before garbage day … Yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh, I just loved seein' those again!!!! Angel Madi always had her paw on the pulse of Dr. Seuss!! I loves me some socks too! Ma can't walk around without shoes on her feets, cause I attack the socks OR the bare feets!!! bol!!! I just loves socks....sigh
    Anyhu, thanks for the FABulous postie!!!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for entering the blog hop. It was nice to see Angel Madi again and hear her poems.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net