My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Thursday, January 2, 2020

Thoroughly Poetic Thursday #1 2020

Today we join Two  SPOILED CATS 
Angel Sammy and Teddy for their poetic pictorial poem.

Here is today's inspiration and it brought back some wonderful members of
meeting these




Big M
In 1972 she was out of the playpen
the but the tree was in.
She had inquisitive hands.
It looked funny but at least it would not
fall on her head.
She was ready to go but her legs were slow.
She had wheels but was lacking skills.
Our hope was by spring she'd grow.
No worries though she traversed the living room
like a pro.
Oh that look of pure glee on her first Christmas
remains in my mind's eye to this very day.


Now a little side story to go with the wheels.
Within a six or eight months we moved out of our apartment into
our first home.  In front of the house was a wonderful flat, sidewalk that
went on for several blocks.  In good weather we were out and about on it
several times a day.  However, little Sissy was eager to try the sidewalk by the house.
It was downhill all the way.  She finally talked her Daddy into going down it with her.
He was in front as she peddled down. Oh was she squealing with delight.  Of course she wanted to do it again.  Her Daddy asked if she wanted to ride it or push it up the hill.
Those little legs were not making any head way up, so Daddy picked up the trike and she was walking beside him. Daddy noticed she was tired so he reached down to pick her up too.
She looked at her Daddy and said...

"Daddy this is steep hill and a heavy Marlu". 

Honest to goodness her exact words, she was about 2 1/2 at the time.
She was putting short sentences together before she was  18 months old.






25 comments:

  1. A sweet poem and an even sweeter true story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet. When walking Bertie in the park at this time of year, I always enjoy watching the wee humans trying, with parental encouragement, to get to grips with their new scooters, trikes, bikes with stabilisers etc. (Bertie is kept well away).
    Cheers, Gail.
    PS Why am I not surprised that your offspring proved an early and effective communicator!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny coming out of the mouth of a baby!
    Love the memories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a reat story and picture too. A very Happy New Year to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling story AND photo....those "firsts" are so memorable and special! Smart to put the tree in the crib - not just for little kids but pets too!!! Thanks for the adorable poem - and for participating in our fun Poetry Thursdays. I'm with you on next week's photo - makes me dizzy just looking at it!

    Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet story and a beautiful memory photo to go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great poem and such a sweet story. I love the photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely little story. I just went out walking with my toy stroller and made it over a block away before being caught up by my mother. Apparently...

    Happy 2020 by the way.

    Klem, Mara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, the good old days! My ghostwriter has memories like that too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh, reading this made me flashback to when I learned to ride a two-wheel bike for the first time...time travel!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, what a lovely memory. It made me smile.

    Have a fabulous day, my friend. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a very sweet story and pictures, I flashed back to my children and early adventures on wheels.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always, always get a kick out of the tree in the playpen!Love that story and the poem... :) Makes me smile... the whole post today.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful poem and story about that new trike.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful(and giggly) memory and poem today!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a little 'goer'. She made many memories!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. BOL!!! Oh, that is one FABulous story! Ma always wanted one of those big wheel thingies, butts had to settle for a trike. The big wheels always looked so much cooler! BOL!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. Precious story about your daughter. I remember on ed of my son on his Big Wheels that involved making a buggy horse out of our dog!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Spot on with this write-up, I truly think this website needs much more consideration. I’ll probably be again to read much more, thanks for that info.

    Visit Web
    Goodpixel.tribe.so

    ReplyDelete
  20. After study a few of the blog posts on your website now, and I truly like your way of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark website list and will be checking back soon. Pls check out my web site as well and let me know what you think.

    Depedmalaboncity.ph
    Information
    Click Here

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net