My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Friday, November 16, 2018

Feline and Nature Friday


About a month ago Kat wandering into my friend, Kit's, yard.
Kit loves all creatures great and small.   Kit patiently waited for Kat to come to her.
Kit left food and water out.  Kat was very appreciative he gradually started visiting longer.
Kit bought a PTU for Kat  and he went in it easily.
Kit took him inside for a few hours at a time.  Kat has now been to the vet had his shots and has an appointment to be neutered. The vet thinks Kat is about 3 very healthy but No mirochip.
Kat has now started spending the night inside and is using a litter box.  
Kat is gradually warming up the the resident K9's, Buddy and Dakota.


Hosted by Niece Rosy, Mayor Arty and Prof. Jakey

Thursday November 8, we took an unplanned (my camera battery died) trip about 15 minutes down the road  to .....
Click here for history and size of this park
 These first photos were taken with my Smart TracPhone
and they are really very good.


The name of this lake is Big Lake.  Park Rangers offer guided canoe trips around the lake
 (funny right, well there is another lake called Small Lake)
Umstead State Park is so very close to our home.  We rarely go out there but
we hope to visit it more often Spring 2019.   We took a short rugged trail down to Big Lake.
spill over for Big Lake at Umstead State Park


Next photos were taken with my camera before I was greeted with
'exhausted battery' on the screen.
We went in the welcome center for the park
I'm embarrassed to say it was built in 1998 and this was our first time inside

Parts of the old grist mill were displayed outside




 This beautiful River Birch tree is just to the right of the front door.

The bark on the River birch is so pretty

What a beautiful fireplace from inside and....

and outside beautifully crafted stone chimney
almost at the bottom left you can see 1998 engraved in a stone.


Taken from the deck

Coyote was on guard over the this lovely display of cups.
He must have heard I was in the building.  I have been known to be rather rough on
dishes.


We bought two very unusual coffee mugs
love the graceful lips on both of the mugs
I selected the one on the left; however, I expect we'll take turns using them.
Coffee is better out of a pretty mug.


29 comments:

  1. I'm glad that Kat is acclimating to the inside life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Kat ;O) and Kit&Kat make a super team I'm sure ;O) we love this park, it is a super peaceful place... and we love the mugs ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HariOm
    Kat is most handsome! As is that chimney. The park looks wonderful and we look forward to visiting it more through your lens - be it camera or phone! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So HAPPY for Kat! He is so handsome... :) Beautiful park and the lake is the star! We have an Ibis that has been parked on our roof for the last 45 minutes screaming I am sure about how cold it is here this morning. I on the other hand, have been smiling over our 56 degrees. It's been a long wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love the autumn leaves along the highway and the lake is so pretty!
    What a handsome kitty Kat is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool place. Love your new mugs.
    Hope y'all have a happy weekend.
    Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so happy to find a story with a happy KAT ending. such a beautiful cat and those eyes are fantastic... bring on the happy ever after stories. the mugs are really pretty and I like the smaller one best.. the color and the shape.. I drink only from bent lip mugs, no straight ones for my lips. your camera photos are wonderful and I do so hate when that exhausted battery happens. it happened to me once at a Senior dance at the nursing home, after that I always took two cameras, that was before phone back up camera. did you know on your LG camera you can make the photos 1 M,2M and 3, 4 and 5 megapix? I just found that a few weeks ago. it was set on 5 m and I wondered why it could not text a photo. it was to big, now I change it to 1 if I want to send it attached to a text, to 5 when I am using it to keep

    ReplyDelete
  8. We love Kat and what an amazing photo! Speaking of photos, we feel like we took the trip to the park with you and enjoyed every minute! - Hope the weather's been kind. We're hanging in. - Tom x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful photos! I'm sure glad Kat is adjusting so well, that's special!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kat looks very happy to have found his new place! And what pretty pics you took. I'll come visit and we can go walking there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kat is a lucky one to have a forever home. He's a handsome mancat too.

    I love the part and lake. What a fun adventure.

    Have a purrfect Feline Friday and weekend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful park! I love the pictures of the lake reflections. It looks like the perfect day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My gosh...kitty is VERY handsome! It's always good to know animals are being taken care of.

    And what a day trip! Awesome place. If I lived close to the park as you...I'd be there often.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We have to say that Kat picked the perfect yard to wander into - Kit will give him the best home he could ever have dreamed of having.

    Now that you have visited that nice place, you will have to make it a regular stopping point. All the photos came out great, but we especially love that lake shot!!!

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  15. Umstead Park looks like a great place to explore, but Bertie and I think they could have found some more imaginative names for their lakes!
    Love the mugs.
    Cheers, Gail.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great photos. I am glad Kat is adjusting to indoor life. XO

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cutie Kat is...and I love that Kit named her Kat BOL!

    Also love, love, love your nature shots today, they scream Autumn!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, Kat is one handsome feline! It's so wonderful of Kit to take him in!
    that park looks so beautiful!
    Cam and Mags
    PS: Sorry to get so behind - we've been working HARD in our mom's studio!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So with coyote on guard duty, we can assume all the cups were intact when you left? :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kat is very handsome, and I am glad he is getting used to his new home.
    The photos are lovely. The park is a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Glad Kat found a nice yard to shelter in. Very nice of your friend to take him in at night.

    The park looks lovely - love the chimney and the birch. P.S.: I would have jumped four feet in the air at that Coyote - he looks alive!

    ReplyDelete
  22. We are happy for Kat! Isn't it funny how sometimes we don't visit the beautiful places that are right in our own area
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a pretty Kat! We loved seeing your pictures of the park with the fall colors. Unfortunately, our beautiful autumn in WNY has abruptly ended and turned into winter! Blah!
    Enjoy your new coffee mugs!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, I do thinks he is one handsome kitteh!!!!! I loves all the Fall pics!!! So beautifuls there! We don't gets that many colors here, so it's really just yellow and brown. pffft!
    You knows, we have coyotes in our hood! Yes, they are more allusive now, butts in the summer it is super kerazy walking at dusk or dawn...never knows when one is gonna be walkin' down the middle of the street!!!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  25. How wonderful for Kat that your friend has taken him in. We're sure he is happier to have a home now. It's amazing what beautiful places we can find so close to home sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love that Kit has Kat! MOL! Your trip was beautiful I love the mill and autumn colors. I always buy a coffee cup on trips.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net