My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Friday, March 15, 2019

Nature and Feline Friday


Hosted by my Niece Rosy, and her 2 brudders Arty and Jakey HERE

Saturday March 9 we had a happy accident while having lunch at Seaboard Cafe.
The American Wildlife Refuge, which is our area's only fully volunteer raptor center had two booths set up
with owls!!
Click here to read about their efforts

2 Great Horned Owls on the top:
Left is Miss Virginia we were told she is actually larger than Rasputin on the right.
Miss Virginia in entering her brooding stage thus she is all hunkered down.
Rasputin had the most amazing eyes.  I think he was reading my mind.
Golden eyed owls
Their prey is usually killed instantly when grasped by the owl's large, curved talons. Great Horned Owls are mainly nocturnal (meaning they hunt at night), but they also hunt during the day in the wintertime. They eat rodents, hares, squirrels, skunks, various birds such as geese, grouse, ducks and pigeons.

Forest the Barred Owl in both of these photos.  He had a buddy with him but due to
the way the tent was set up I could not get a photo of him.
They have dark eyes
Though they do most of their hunting right after sunset and during the night, sometimes they feed during the dayBarred Owls may temporarily store their prey in a nest, in the crook of a branch, or at the top of a snag. They swallow small prey whole and large prey in pieces, eating the head first and then the body
Forest has an orange beak.

None of the four we saw can be released due injuries.
Miss Virginia has a dislocated killer claw (kinda like our thumb).  She cannot grasp prey
Rasputin has a wing injury.
By the time we arrived at the Barred Owl tent it was a big too crowded to hear any details on
their injuries

************************************************************


My Nephew Kat and exchange emails daily...


Dearest Aunty HiC and Uncle B:
I’m trying my best to take my afternoon nap, and Hu-Mum will NOT turn off the light.
I’ve been forced to cover my eyes with my paws. Will you please have a word with her about this? My Kat-Naps are a very important part of my day. 😼 Thank you.
❤️ Kat,  Your (tired) Feline Nephew


I Replied:

Dearest Tired Nephew:
OHHHHHHHHHH MY CATS..  obviously Hu-mum is not in her right mind; did she fall landing on her head?  

Did you hear Uncle and I squealing w delight.  We absolutely love your precious white paws!  Maybe you can catch up on some lost sleep this weekend!!
Loving your Aunty HiC and Uncle B




BREAKING News

My nephew KAT's latest email...

Guess what!?! I have lots of new friends because Hu-Mum (Mom)  started a Twitter account for Me-Ow. It’s kind of like a bloggie, but shorter posts.  🙀
❤️ Kat Your Feline Twitter Nephew 


I don't tweet but I think this is his account infor

Kit's Kat@KitsKat4



29 comments:

  1. Oh! I am following Kat on Twitter now! Sadly, I'm not on there much... tell him to start an Instagram account MOL! I'm there every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those owls are super cool. How great to see them up close!
    As for Kat, we can only hope he does get to catch up on his sleep soon. His little white ankle socks are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have some owls in our nayborhood - ya can here em at nite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we love owls... and there is no better name than Rasputin for such a fabulous guy ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Owls are so beautiful but why would they ever want to eat skunks! I cover my eyes like that too, Kat. You are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hari OM
    Owls... g.o.r.g.e.o.u.s!!! Kat...ssqqqquueeeeeee... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun to see those owls. And Kat, you are just too cute covering up your eyes. You all have a fine day
































    ReplyDelete
  8. Owls are pretty cool creatures. We don't see them much around here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those owls are such beautiful birds. We hear them sometimes at night during the summer.
    Kat, you almost look like you are praying for her to turn out the lights.

    Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't tweet either or Instagram, I asked my son why he quite posting on FB and he said Instagram... oh well. what a wonderful accident. I would love to accidently meet owls, any time, any place. we were accusing our hawk of killing all the birds, now I am thinking the two owls that we hear each night are helping him....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't tweeter, I have an account but I just couldn't get with the whole thing. I do enjoy my Instagram. Owls are fascinating... I love them. That is cool that Kat has his own Twitter account... :) I may have to find my old account info or start up a new account! Good Morning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting information on owls. Love owls. We had a barn owl when I was a kid and we left it alone to take care of the field mice that wanted to feed on our cow feed. That owl did a great job.

    Kat is such a good looking kitty. I am now following KAT on Twitter.

    Thank you for joining the Feline Friday Blog Hop.

    Have a purrfect Feline Friday and weekend. Big hug. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cool to get to see those owls up close. Poor Kat having to cover his eyes to sleep. We hope his mom learns to turn off the light when he wants to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We have a raptor sanctuary nearby too. They have a bald eagle, lots of hawks, and a vulture named Barf.

    Hope Kat gets his naps. In our house, sleeping is our favorite sport!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We hate when we have to cover our eyes....for some reason, Mom thinks it's cute.

    Those Owls are amazing. Raz's full name is Razputin! Spelled a little differently but the same!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those owls are amazing but I sure don't want to mess with one!

    ReplyDelete
  17. We have a lot of owls here. Even though they hunt at night they are sometimes visible during the day. The owl that sits on the telephone pole outside our bedroom window and screeches all night is a PITA though!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LURV owls...always have! When I walk in my neighborhood, I often hear the hooting of a Screech Owl, but haven't yet seen it. At our local park, there is a nesting pair of Great Horned Owls in a metal washing pan that someone nailed up in the trees many years ago, and I plan to visit that park this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Owls are so beautiful and so his KitKat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cats tweeting....MOL! Would love to see the owls.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That must have been an interesting time you had seeing all the owls. Wow, those claws must be very strong!!! We hope not to meet one in the feathers:)

    Kat kills us with his cuteness. We don't tweet, but we too would love to see Kat on Instagram. We have one of those accounts.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  22. I LOVE the raptors and SO glad to see them here and read their stories. I also love how the privacy of the human visitors was protected! LOVED those superimposed faces. Tell Kit that I will look for him. Have been on Twitter a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Kat is such a cutie. I am glad the owls were rescued. XO

    ReplyDelete
  24. Poor little KAt..we sure hope his HuMom turned off the lights!!

    What pawesome owl pictures...and information!
    Happy Weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. WE love owls but Mom is very careful when she hears them hooting. She doesn't want one to pick one of us up
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  26. Owls are pretty cute. And Kat, that tummy... !! I hope you get your well deserved and much needed nap soon.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, I loooooves the burdies!!! We have all kinds show up here, tho we haven't seen any owls lately.
    Kat, I feel ya dude! I have to do that too sometimes! I thinks maybe the peeps need to be retrained....
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  28. We have owls that live in our woods and I hear them often at night....WHOOOOO?????? I always tell them it's MEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

    Hugs, Teddy

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net