My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Sunday, January 12, 2020

Sunday Status report

Many of you might remember the below post for early December

As of January 2, 2020 they were still living in our garage.
I called Fed Ex again.  Evidently the first gal I spoke too in December 
DID NOT ENTER A PICK UP order. While the 2nd lady was entering the info 
for pick up, I asked her if she knew the value of a Family of Wild Turkey Decoys.
OMCs I was stunned to learn they are $450.00 before taxes.  Probably $500. 00 with taxes.

I'm happy to say they flew the coop/garage, January 9, almost a month
after they arrived.


Favorite BIL of Angel Madi and favorite SIL of ours, always gives me a nice wish list from  Cabela's for his bday and Christmas.  He is a real outdoors man.  Items I chose were a big gong target practice thingie  which arrived last week and 2 smaller items.
Last Monday  night we received a huge Cabelas box via Fed Ex.  They rang the bell but were gone before we got there. I knew it wasn't mine 'cause I didn't order anything the size of a kitchen table.  Anyway after a long conversation (30 min. conversation)  w /Cabelas they are having Fed Ex come for it. It was addressed to me and had my order number on it.  But as she found out when checking the order it was not mine.
The Lady asked me to open it to look for a packing slip.  It took both of us to get the box opened.  Lo and behold  it contained 4 turkey decoys from  Dave smith Decoys.  You might have heard us gobbling uncontrollably.  Below is a photo of Dad of Angel Madi holding the  largest of the 4.



And to add to the mystery...some how one of the smaller items I ordered for SIL, was in the box.  For sure a first for us.  

24 comments:

  1. Hari om
    What is life withouta little mystery?! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the US is completely different to the Netherlands, but what would you do with a turkey decoy, let alone four? My mind boggles... Glad they got picked up though. Did you ever get what you really ordered though?

    Klem, Mara

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad the turkeys eventually flew the coop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well this is certainly under the category of a MYSTERY! I have never seen a turkey decoy, only ducks and that one is HUGE, I guess it is the size of a real turkey. glad they finaly picked them up.... I wonder what the person got that wanted the turkeys? I be they were not happy if it was a gift... ha ha on turkeys flying the coop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad those turkeys have gone on their merry way. Looks like they took up half the garage. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd think the turkeys were feeling quite at home by the time they were picked up! Goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those critters were big! Of all the things to randomly be delivered.

    ReplyDelete
  8. At least they can now go back to work in the shipping department!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are sure expensive turkeys and we're happy to hear that they finally flew the coop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We're glad to hear those turkeys have finally flown the coop.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We would not have recognised a turkey decoy, and thus been even more mystified!
    Cheers, Gail and Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We're glad you didn't get stuck paying for those gobblers! But I can just imagine having Chester go outside in his yard and see four life-size turkeys there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bet someone's spittin' mad! The person who bought them originally. Expensive and didn't show up for Christmas...or whatever occasion. Glad they're gone. Hope they find their rightful owner.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a crazy mixup! We’re glad it’s all sorted out now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whoa! I'm glad that you persevered. It's amazing how many silly mistakes are made in the mail-order world! Those are some really huge decoys :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You did a good job straightening the whole mess out. They should pay you

    ReplyDelete
  17. glad they are finally gone! Such a strange thing to happen
    hugs
    Mabel & Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMD, that is kerazy!!! I am glads they have flown the coop, and you nows have your garage back! BOL!! Ma said real live turkey's are messy, so I hopes they didn't leaves any 'presents' for you to roll in....um, I MEANS, clean up....
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. Weird? I'd say so!!! Probably the only time in your life you'll have turkeys in your garage though!

    Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is some kind of mega bucks for those decoys.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those are big, and expensive! I bet somebody's really mad about their order getting lost.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice post. I learn something more challenging on different blogs everyday. It will always be stimulating to read content from other writers and practice a little something from their store. I’d prefer to use some with the content on my blog whether you don’t mind. Natually I’ll give you a link on your web blog. Thanks for sharing.

    Ignboards.com
    Information

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net