My Mind's Eye

Remember your Angels are Watching

Saturday, January 18, 2020

Caturday Art and Symmetry


Artistic Murals on the side of several buildings in Downtown Raleigh

The Parrot with a pipe amused me.  The pirate is probably representing Blackbeard...he had a 'colorful' history on our coast. He is considered a native son: Blackbeard kind of lived and worked in North Carolina and certainly died in the shallow waters off Ocracoke Island on Nov. 22, 1718, when his head was cut off during a battle with out-of-state authorities
I really liked how existing pole was painted to be part of the lighthouse and lantern.
 Raleigh is overflowing with multi purpose buildings and parking decks
Which is good since they can't do much to increase the size of the streets or 
add street parking.
 More apartments  and at least 3 more multipurpose buildings under construction behind it.

 There is a section in downtown Raleigh called Glenwood South
Glenwood Avenue begins at the here ending about 20 miles to the north just before it joins Hwy 540.
All kinds of multipurpose buildings, and a zillion places to delight your tummy
and entertain your soul  Hibernian Pub and Restaurant , established in 2000 with a wee touch of 
Ireland.  It is owned by an Irish man.
In December 2012 (I think about the 26th) early in the morning it caught fire
burning to the ground.  They rebuilt trying to keep original
architecture with added flair the second floor.

Another example of a sea of symmetry.

23 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Oh yes, the integration of the street 'furniture' into the mural is excellent - and they may have gone a bit overboard on that pub! YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that mural........having painted many a SMALL canvas, it's tough imaginging a HUGE "canvas" as in WALL to paint but it must be awesome.

    Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love murals and am so glad the cities have started painting them like this. love the lightpole lighthouse. when I was much younger, every book I read was about pirates, I went through Tarzan, stage, Cowboy Westerns, then to pirates... I like the rebuilt restaurant. beautiful and sad. we have the same problems with narrow can't be widened streets

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, as always, for sharing these wonderful pictures. Mom and dad never got the chance to explore downtown Raleigh when we lived out that way. Fortunately, it's not like we're light years away, so maybe one weekend they'll take a ride back. They want to check out where we used to live in Chapel Hill as it's been torn down to make room for another colossal apartment community/commercial/mixed use kinda sorta space.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the murals! They show so much originality.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those murals really are pretty and that pub looks like a fun place!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We like those murals and how they used that pole as part of the painting too. They sure are building lots of things in your city too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like how the lamp post becomes a light house!

    As much as I like to dine out, I'm happy to read that the once tragedy has a new, happy, ending.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll never forget the fresh Irish bread, salmon and butter sandwich I ate when visiting Ireland many years ago. If that pub serves that sandwich, I'll be there in a trice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Mural gives so much character to the area.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The pub has lots of character. Glad they kept it. Love murals on walls..we have a few around town.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your pictures reminded ghostwriter that she and Dad haven't been to downtown Rochester in ages. They used to go out for lunch every Saturday, and there are lots of great places to eat in the Flower City. Maybe in spring they can start up again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whoever pained those is a great artist. XO

    ReplyDelete
  14. Murals are a great addition to downtown areas. St. Louis had been doing a lot of them. I like the top one and the parrot is cool. Love the pictures! Back when I was a bit younger I would have enjoyed the pub... especially if they have good burgers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really really like those wall murals. Everywhere I have been that I am fortunate enough to see those, I enjoy them to the max. I hope something preservative-like was sprayed on them to keep the color and the integrity of the paint. I swear, I have sent Katie's other favorite brother RR schedules times and days.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We LOVE the murals. Out door art always brings such life to the streetscapes. Raleigh is now on Mom's list of places to go and see.
    Purrs
    Marv

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's amazing how much talent sine people have. I have a past co-worker up in Fayetteville whose husband operates those huge cranes. He mostly works in Raleigh.

    ReplyDelete
  18. how we love to see murals like that. We found some in our old part of town that were quite unique
    hugs
    Mabel & Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  19. I discovered your blog site on google and check a few of your early posts. Continue to keep up the very good operate. I just additional up your RSS feed to my MSN News Reader. Seeking forward to reading more from you later on!…

    Click Here
    Visit Web

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a meow or bark for Angel Madi...her assistant (aka Mom) will respond in a timely fashion. =^..^=
Life is short, spend it with those who make you laugh
“Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” (Leo F. Buscaglia)
TONS OF HUGS
Cecilia and Angel Madi
Email: candb214@att.net